Friday, June 26, 2009

Scientific Reasoning

I had been planning to take a philosophy of science class online with CNU this summer, but I don’t think it’s going to be possible anymore. I haven’t had the most reliable internet access here in, but it’s been great getting to use it at the Evergreen or Mountain Sage in Groveland. The intern who I had been tagging along to the Evergreen with decided he couldn’t volunteer anymore. I’m not sure I can make the course deadlines (at least twice a week), and this class is starting to looking more like a fool errand than a challenge. I really regret not being able to take it. Science is pretty much the greatest thing ever, and as a scientist I want to learn more about how it works on a philosophical level. I’ve already read a lot of the course work, which is really interesting, so I guess I’ll have to be content with that. I was even brainstorming paper ideas and was stuck between ‘creativity in science’, ‘science and pseudoscience’, and ‘consequences of the scientific worldview’. I am sure this is for the best, and at least I have had a few interesting conversations here with Jeff and Jessica and have some cool books to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment