Sunday, May 31, 2009

Yosemite at last!

I arrived in Yosemite two days ago, and I absolutely love it! It is amazing; I don't think I've ever been in a forest this pristine. The trees are amazing. The forest is very clear compared to the East Coast


On the flight here I got a great view of the park from the air. I saw the most famous climbing mountain in the park, El Captain, and the highest peak, Half Dome. I'm hoping to hike Half Dome next break.



El Cap from the air

Just for you Jenevieve, the squirrels are different here too. So far, I have identified two species. One smaller dark kind with abundant energy and a propinquity to eat through food bags, and one larger squirrel, similar to the Easter Gray, but spotted and with a slightly shorter tail. No pictures yet, but I'll try to get some soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment